Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Well That's a Smack in the Face!

No I am not talking about the sub zero wind chill (though that is pretty brutal this morning). I am once again talking about my weight. I stepped on the scale this morning and wasn't shocked. I could tell by my favorite jeans that things were not going to be pretty. I am at my heaviest since I was pregnant with Cole. Notice I didn't say after I was pregnant with Cole. I said SINCE I WAS pregnant with Cole. So what should I blame? Mom's good cooking, work stress, Mommy stress, financial stress, winter weight.............myself.

I know that the problem lies within. Some has to do with stress and stress eating but the rest doesn't. The rest has to do with complete boredom and being lazy. We were concentrating so hard on financial freedom that we strived to eat cheap! Eating cheap is not always healthy. Dieting is not cheap! Fresh fruits and Veggies this time of year where I live is $$$$$. There has to be a way to eat healthy, yummy (choking down yogurt and oatmeal is not my idea of yummy) and at a low cost.

I will be working on finding sites that will help me organize my budget and my eating. I also need a place to be accountable for what goes in my mouth. I have a paper food journal. I carry it in my purse. I got out of the habit of tracking. I did well when I was on Weight Watchers and tracked everything I ate. Maybe I should hoot up with them again. Spark People is free and always a pretty informative place. You socialize, track and get educated at the same time. I found it hard to track on their site but love the exercise tips and food tips.

This is going to take a plan. It will be a team effort. Little does the man of the house know that he is getting ready to go on a diet! Maybe I can drag some others on the journey with me? Any takers?



No comments: