Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year. New Diary/Planner

One of the things I love about a new year is getting a new Diary. For those of you who know me know that I am a pretty organized person. Noting makes me happier than a place for everything and everything in its place. I am not psychotic about it. I don't have anxiety if things are out of place......it's more of a gasp and then an "oh well" reaction :)

I have been searching on and off for the last week or two for "just the one" Diary. My organization tool for my thoughts. It has a few requirement.
1.) fit in my handbag (not hard since I adore huge handbags)
2.) monthly view for event/life planning
3.) daily note pages (for the diary part)
4.) address pages (b/c I yet have figured out how to program it all in my cell phone)
5.) budget pages (to keep track of my scrapbook spending - per Steve's request)

It seems pretty simple (to me anyhow). But finding all these things in a little attractive package was difficult. So yesterday after lunch with Kim (I had a great time by the way) I hit yet another Boarders and found "the one". I did the happy dance and grabbed the last copy (I guess everyone else has the same standards as I). Nothing beats bringing it home and cracking the spine and inking it up. While it is a place for my thoughts I also record family thoughts. I secretly hope that after I am long gone my grandkids and greatgrandkids will enjoy reading about us!



No comments: