Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Meal Plan Monday (on Tuesday).

This is going to be a long post. Probably since I really slacked off this summer! That would be my guess anyhow!

Summer is on the downhill slide.....someone really needs to tell mother nature that. 114 heat index is really too hot! Well it is actually not the heat that bothers me, it's the humidity! My naturally frizzy hair is frizzing just wonderfully!

The new school year is starting in two weeks. We are getting super excited. Time for me to get out of my lazy summer rut and start meal planning and ME TIME planning. Not only will school be starting but so will soccer, flag football and then basketball. Oh and let's not forget Boy Scouts will start this year!

Here is my menu plan for the week

As usual Breakfast and Lunch are on you own or leftovers!

Monday - Grilled BBQ chicken and baked potatoes
Tuesday - Stuffed Zucchini Boats and BLT's
Wednesday - Tuna and Noodles and mashed potatoes
Thursday - Bean, Potato and Rice Burritos
Friday - homemade pizza night
Saturday - Sweet and Sour Chicken over fried rice
Sunday - Zucchini Pizza - from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.

Also going to start making our treats again. We have been buying too many processed treats. Here are a few I found surfing blogland.

Raisin Bran Muffins found at Living in a (Mostly) Happy SAHM World
Whole Grain Cinnamon Rolls found at Good (Cheap) Eats
and
Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake found at Eat At Home

Go check out I'm an Organizing Junkie to see 100's of other meal plans!

I am going to start organizing my blog a little better so I can find things. What good is a place to put down your thoughts if you can't find them later?

I think I may talk someone (ahem....by that I mean hubby) into making me a new banner.

Finally Here are some pics of our summer fun! Enjoy and it's good to be back.







No comments: